Windows Explorer jumps backwards without any input

Question

• I was trying to explore the directory structure of Windows 8, but Windows Explorer continuously goes back a page until it can't do it anymore. Even the sound usually associated with the back button is made. I had this exact same problem in Windows 7. How do I fix it?
    Wednesday, November 09, 2011 9:51 PM

Answers

• hi there,

to see what software is 'hooked' to your windows explorer, you can have a look at "shexview" (bing it) it will allow you to disable any context menu or direct explorer hooks on your system to identifiy the faulty 'auto press on back' application causing this...

if nothing comes up, try also having a look at your mouse setup (many multi buttons mouses have a 'back' button, and it might just need a little air spray, if the button keeps getting stuck, the symptom is just what you are experiencing.

best regards, and keep us posted,

PierrE.

Http://www.redkaffe.com - Consultant/Formateur en region PACA
    Thursday, November 10, 2011 4:59 AM

All replies

• I have found that some add-ons may cause this issue.
    Disable all add-ons to see if that helps. It can be from Internet Explorer or other browsers causing a problem.

Marilyn
    Wednesday, November 09, 2011 11:16 PM
  • hi there,

to see what software is 'hooked' to your windows explorer, you can have a look at "shexview" (bing it) it will allow you to disable any context menu or direct explorer hooks on your system to identifiy the faulty 'auto press on back' application causing this...

if nothing comes up, try also having a look at your mouse setup (many multi buttons mouses have a 'back' button, and it might just need a little air spray, if the button keeps getting stuck, the symptom is just what you are experiencing.

best regards, and keep us posted,

PierrE.

Http://www.redkaffe.com - Consultant/Formateur en region PACA
    Thursday, November 10, 2011 4:59 AM