Permissions are not viewable through the source control RRS feed

• Question

• When I view the security permissions on a project in the source control explorer they are blank for every project.  Recently we had permission issues on one of the projects where new branches were created.  I went in and view the properties for that project and all the security properties are blank.  What I did to fix the problem so the developer could continue was to check the "Inherit security settings" and click OK.  When I go to view the security settings once again all the properties for the security is blank. 

Has anyone had this problem?  I still can't veiw the security on idividual project and I had admin access. 

Here is an error that is being thrown all the time but I don't know if it is related.  Doesn't look like it to me:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TF53010: The following error has occurred in a Team Foundation component or extension:
    Date (UTC): 8/14/2009 4:58:28 PM
    Machine: DEV_TFS
    Application Domain: /LM/W3SVC/3/Root/VersionControl-3-128947364245286724
    Assembly: Microsoft.TeamFoundation.VersionControl.Server, Version=9.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a; v2.0.50727
    Process Details:
      Process Name: w3wp
      Process Id: 596
      Thread Id: 4380
      Account name: GRAEBEL\tfsservice

Detailed Message: TF14105: An exception occurred in the Team Foundation Source Control System.
    Web Request Details
        Url: http://dev_tfs:8080/VersionControl/v1.0/repository.asmx [method: POST]
        User Agent: Team Foundation (w3wp.exe[Data Warehouse], 9.0.21022.8)
        Headers: Content-Length=443&Content-Type=application%2fsoap%2bxml%3b+charset%3dutf-8&Accept-Encoding=gzip&Accept-Language=en-US&Expect=100-continue&Host=dev_tfs%3a8080&User-Agent=Team+Foundation+(w3wp.exe%5bData+Warehouse%5d%2c+9.0.21022.8)&X-TFS-Version=1.0.0.0&X-TFS-Session=2a1c53db-5190-4dd7-b7c0-15b3836f4fe4
        Path: /VersionControl/v1.0/repository.asmx
        Local Request: True
        Host Address: 192.168.22.12
        User: GRAEBEL\tfsservice [authentication type: NTLM]

Exception Message: TF14103: Internal error:  The database procedure prc_QueryChangeSet returned the wrong number of rows. (type UnexpectedDatabaseResultException)

Friday, August 14, 2009 5:48 PM

Answers

• Hi Nate

For the problem that the security dialogbox is blank, please take a look at Why is the TFS 2008 version control security dialog blank. Let me know if that is the case in your side.

As regards to the TF14105 error message in your log, it's a known TFS issue which will be fixed in TFS 2010. The error occurs when invalid parameter is passed to the prc_QueryChangeSet stored procedure and it should have nothing to do with the security dialog blank issue. I'm not aware  of the workaround for it now. 

Bill Wang

MSDN Subscriber Support in Forum

If you have any feedback on our support, please contact msdnmg@microsoft.com

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Welcome to the All-In-One Code Framework! If you have any feedback, please tell us.
    • Proposed as answer by Bill.Wang Monday, August 24, 2009 3:02 AM
    • Marked as answer by Bill.Wang Tuesday, September 1, 2009 5:21 AM
    Monday, August 17, 2009 3:23 AM