none
[Python][Azure Storage] Blob Storage: Upload zip file with python error -> UnicodeDecodeError: ascii RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

I not able to perform the following operations on a zip file with python:

- create_blob_from_path
    - create_blob_from_Bytes

I always get the following error:  UnicodeDecodeError: ascii

This is what I’m trying:

#1 get blob from azure storage

azure_blob = block_blob_service.get_blob_to_path(container_name=BLOB_CONTAINER_NAME, blob_name=BLOBNAME, file_path="test.zip", open_mode='wb')

#add some files and upload zip back

block_blob_service = BlockBlobService(account_name=STORAGE_ACCOUNT, account_key=STORAGE_KEY)

f = open('test.zip', "rb")
        block_blob_service.create_blob_from_bytes(container_name=BLOB_CONTAINER_NAME, blob_name='test.zip', blob=f.read())

block_blob_service.create_blob_from_path(container_name=BLOB_CONTAINER_NAME, blob_name="test.zip", file_path="test.zip")    

I'm able to upload a new zip which I create manually but I'm not able to upload the zip file which is downloaded from azure blob storage.

Any help is much appreciated,

Anton

Friday, June 10, 2016 12:32 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Thank you for posting here!

Are you following this document to download and upload blobs to azure blob storage?

Please run below command

pip install azure --upgrade

It will upgrade a few components, then run your command. And check it’s make any difference.

Regards,

Vikranth S. 

Sunday, June 12, 2016 10:10 AM

All replies

• Hello,

Thank you for posting here.

We are checking on the query and would get back to you soon on this.

I apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your time and patience in this matter.

Regards,

Pradeep

Saturday, June 11, 2016 11:31 AM
  • Hi,

Thank you for posting here!

Are you following this document to download and upload blobs to azure blob storage?

Please run below command

It will upgrade a few components, then run your command. And check it’s make any difference.

Regards,

Vikranth S. 

Sunday, June 12, 2016 10:10 AM
  • Here is the similar issue at GitHub https://github.com/kennethreitz/requests/issues/2933 and SO http://stackoverflow.com/questions/34468386/unicodedecodeerror-when-uploading-image-bytes-to-azure-block-blob-via-python-sdk.

Could you please try to upgrade azure sdk for python first? Please try

Any further concern, please feel free to let me know.

Tuesday, June 21, 2016 2:18 AM