none
More Resources for Universal Windows Platform Games with Fall Xbox One Update RRS feed

• General discussion

• Since the advent of consoles, developers have asked for ways to create games for one platform that you could run anywhere. With the release of the Expanded Resources feature in the Windows Fall Creators Update, we are taking the industry closer to that goal than it has ever been before. Now, developers will automatically have access to 6 exclusive cores, 5 GB of ram and full access to the GPU!

Read more...

Friday, September 15, 2017 8:32 PM

All replies

• Excellent news!
    Friday, September 15, 2017 9:15 PM
  • This is very much appreciated!

Friday, September 15, 2017 10:00 PM
  • Good news.
    Saturday, September 16, 2017 5:09 AM
  • Down the page it says "*D3D12-Based UWP Games get access to the full power of the GPU"

Will there be any increase to DirectX 11 games in this update?

Saturday, September 16, 2017 2:42 PM
  • Is there a concrete date this will take effect?
    Wednesday, September 20, 2017 7:42 AM
  • Since the advent of consoles, developers have asked for ways to create games for one platform that you could run anywhere. With the release of the Expanded Resources feature in the Windows Fall Creators Update, we are taking the industry closer to that goal than it has ever been before. Now, developers will automatically have access to 6 exclusive cores, 5 GB of ram and full access to the GPU!

Read more...

hi Stacey,

one question, it is finally possible use custom stream with skeleton for Kinect in uwp for xbox one , like uwp permits in windows 10?

Friday, September 22, 2017 9:32 PM
  • I think it's whenever your Xbox gets the Fall Creators Update, which is probably this month?  I think people ranking high in the Xbox Insiders Program already has access to the beta, but I haven't been able to test for myself.
    Thursday, October 5, 2017 4:49 AM