none
correct Dynamic type for collection of JSON objects RRS feed

• Question

• Sequential Workflow application (is hosted on WF Manager 1.0) checks the workflow logic and based on the logic it invokes ASP.NET Web API service to receive the data and returned to the client application.

So

• WF application contains business logic or the workflow logic.
    • Web API Service provides JSON data (Collection of JSON objects)

The issue is "when the data is received from Web API service in WF application(Declarative workflow) how that JSON data(collection of JSON objects) can be returned to the client from WF application?

What type from the below used? 

All the above types are tried with no success, even the Dynamicvalue.

Your help and insight greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Apriori algorithm [association rule]

• Edited by Raju Golla Monday, July 29, 2013 10:35 PM
    Monday, July 29, 2013 10:30 PM

All replies

• Hi

We can use the GetDynamicValuesProperties to iterate through the JSON objects .Refer to the sildes 52 and 53 where we are using httpsend activity which will return the data in JSON format and GetDynamicValueProperties to retrieve the JSON objects and assign them to different variables

slide link

Thanks

Girish

Sunday, August 11, 2013 4:32 PM
  • Thanks Girish.

"Refer to the sildes 52 and 53 where we are using httpsend activity which will return the data in JSON format and GetDynamicValueProperties to retrieve the JSON objects and assign them to different variables"-

Successfully used and implemented the suggested before posting the query here. GetDynamicProperties type is used to get JSON data and assigned to variables.

The issue is 'how to return this collection of JSON objects to the caller' || In other words 'what should be the output in the workflow and how to do that?' 

From the examples and MSDN the workflow is simply returning a string rather than collection of objects.

Greatly appreciate your input on 'how to output/return the collection of JSON objects from the workflow. Note that it is NOT the issue of retrieving, it is the issue to return the collection of objects'. Custom activity?

Apriori algorithm [association rule]

Wednesday, August 14, 2013 4:11 PM
  • Hi,I'm interested too in how returning data to the caller (WFM client) but I understand that this is not possible. To achieve the same result in my mvc application (that use WFM as "business logic") I use SignalR as a communication layer between the web app and WFM. It works but I'm not sure this is the best way, so any suggestion will be appreciated.

Thanks

Friday, January 2, 2015 3:04 PM