none
Who has changed the Custom Field value? RRS feed

• Question

• Dears,

Need to know the information regarding how to fetch that who has changed the Custom field value from PWA/MPP.

Example:

There is a PDP (say ProjectInfo):

There is a Custom Field added to that PDP (say Project Status = In Progress).

Now for ProjectA, someone has checked out and changed the Custom Field "Project Status" from "In Progress" to "Closed".

I need to fetch the information regarding who has changed that Custom field.

In which direction should I move: Event Handlers, PSI???? Any other stuff?

Thanks & Regards,

Shravan

Thursday, December 11, 2014 12:15 PM

Answers

• HI Sharvan,

I would have proposed Event Handlers approach, within OnSave/OnPublish event you can capture required information in your custom db or SharePoint list, and create an audit report based on this information.

Also, within event handlers you would need to use PSI as well to read project data set.

third party tool, as suggested, is also a good option. but considering your environment, i think get ready for writing some custom code :)

cheers.

Khurram Jamshed - MBA, PMP, MCTS, MCITP ( Blog, Twitter, Linkedin )
    If you found this post helpful, please “Vote as Helpful”. If it answered your question, please “Mark as Answer”.

• Marked as answer by Shravan Dubey Monday, April 11, 2016 9:25 AM
    Friday, December 12, 2014 6:50 AM

All replies

• Hi Shravan,

I'm not a developer but I do know that you can use an event handler pushing the resource name and date in custom fields.

Another way is to use a 3rd-party tool like FluentPro Audit Tool.

Hope this helps,

Guillaume Rouyre, MBA, MVP, P-Seller |

Thursday, December 11, 2014 2:16 PM
  • HI Sharvan,

I would have proposed Event Handlers approach, within OnSave/OnPublish event you can capture required information in your custom db or SharePoint list, and create an audit report based on this information.

Also, within event handlers you would need to use PSI as well to read project data set.

third party tool, as suggested, is also a good option. but considering your environment, i think get ready for writing some custom code :)

cheers.

Khurram Jamshed - MBA, PMP, MCTS, MCITP ( Blog, Twitter, Linkedin )
    If you found this post helpful, please “Vote as Helpful”. If it answered your question, please “Mark as Answer”.

• Marked as answer by Shravan Dubey Monday, April 11, 2016 9:25 AM
    Friday, December 12, 2014 6:50 AM
  • I have used FluentBooks Audit Pro and can verify that it is a pretty elegant solution, and covers almost ALL changes (including Tasks in the schedule etc.,), enough to justify the cost.

They alsio have a "FREE" tool called Audit Lite, with reduced functionality, but may help you in building the business case. 

Cheers,

Prasanna Adavi, Project MVP

Blog:   Podcast:    Twitter:    LinkedIn:   

Friday, December 12, 2014 3:16 PM
  • Gulliaume/Khurram/Prasanna,

Thanks to all EPM saviours.

I will look into the 3rd party tool from Fluent Pro to get more knowledge of it.

But, As Khurram suggested, according to the environment, I need to jump into Code.

Have started writing it. Will get back in some time with powerful replies.

Thanks & Regards,

Shravan

Sunday, December 14, 2014 7:49 AM