Integrating Silverlight into Wordpress RRS feed

• Question

•  Does anyone have any tips on integrating silverlight into wordpress? I've done some wordpress sites and I would like to be able to use a silverlight app on a couple of them.

Thanks

Jay

Wednesday, February 3, 2010 12:48 PM

Answers

• Hi,

You may read this blog post.

http://timheuer.com/blog/archive/2009/03/28/silverlight-for-wordpress-plugin.aspx

Seems to be what you are looking for.

Best Regards

Thursday, February 4, 2010 10:36 PM
  • I can confirm the Plugin works well with the latest release of WordPress (2.9.1). I have been using it for a few weeks now without any problems at all. Very easy to add in a Silverlight application into a post or page, just set the pathway to your app (relative to the specific Silverlight folder set in plugin options page) and your good to go. You can even override the Silverlight application size and resize to whatever you want!

You can see it in action here, with a simple Silverlight Fractal demo. The only code needed to insert this into the post was something like:

[silverlight: myApp.xap, 640, 480]

www.mathcoders.com/mandelbrot-set

David

Friday, February 5, 2010 5:44 AM

All replies

• I have been wondering about the same thing. I use Wordpress for several blogs and would be interested if anyone has information on this.

R

Wednesday, February 3, 2010 1:00 PM
  • Hi,

You may read this blog post.

http://timheuer.com/blog/archive/2009/03/28/silverlight-for-wordpress-plugin.aspx

Seems to be what you are looking for.

Best Regards

Thursday, February 4, 2010 10:36 PM
  • I can confirm the Plugin works well with the latest release of WordPress (2.9.1). I have been using it for a few weeks now without any problems at all. Very easy to add in a Silverlight application into a post or page, just set the pathway to your app (relative to the specific Silverlight folder set in plugin options page) and your good to go. You can even override the Silverlight application size and resize to whatever you want!

You can see it in action here, with a simple Silverlight Fractal demo. The only code needed to insert this into the post was something like:

[silverlight: myApp.xap, 640, 480]

www.mathcoders.com/mandelbrot-set

David

Friday, February 5, 2010 5:44 AM
  •  Nice, I've started using wordpress to make every site anymore. It's so much easier than html imo. Plus the plugins like this one make everything so much easier to build sites.

Thanks for the resource,

John

Friday, February 5, 2010 10:50 AM