Is PC Sufficient To Handle App? RRS feed

• Question

• User1539549719 posted

I was tasked to build a small asp.net application.  We don’t have the funds for extra hardware at this time.  We have a pc running XP Pro SP 2 with the following specs. 

AMD Athlon™ 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 4400+, 2.29 GHz, 3.00 GB of RAM

Currently the pc has SQL Server 2005 and we have another asp.net application running on the pc with 6 users.

The new application will mainly be used for 1-2 months per year (during budgeting process).  The new application is estimated to have 35-50 users.  I was told during crunch time the number of concurrent users could be 35-50 as well.  The SQL database for this application should be very small – less than 50 MB.  The application will be small as well – a few data entry screens and some reports using SSRS.

Do you think our current pc will be able to handle the new application?  I know this is very limited information to base a decision.  I don’t have access to software for load testing.  Any advice will be greatly appreciated.  Thanks for your help!

Thursday, September 3, 2009 10:49 AM

Answers

• User-1853252149 posted

I know this is very limited information to base a decision. 

Too limited, no one can give you a valid answer.  But then, you only have this one PC to run it on, so whether it will work or not is an irrelevant question since you have to develop it on this machine anyway.

Jeff

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Thursday, September 3, 2009 10:57 AM