none
How to debug background worker class RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Im using the BackgroundWorker class to run some database updates in an updater we are using. However when I set a break point in visual studio I get problems. The breakpoint gets hit but i cant step through code Visual studio crashes. Its fine however when I put the background worker code into a method that is called directly and thus halts the winforms app....

Anybody know of how to debug the async methods called by the backgroundworker class?

Any help much appreciated....

• Moved by Kira Qian Friday, April 30, 2010 2:41 AM debug related question (From:Windows Forms General)
    Thursday, April 29, 2010 4:53 PM

All replies

• Hello peter_quiet,

For any VS debug related questions are supported on VS debugger forum. I am moving the thread to that forum. Hope you can solve the issue soon.

Sincerely,

Kira Qian

MSDN Subscriber Support in Forum

If you have any feedback on our support, please contact msdnmg@microsoft.com
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Welcome to the All-In-One Code Framework!
    Friday, April 30, 2010 2:40 AM
  • sorry posted in the wrong one! okay if any body can shed some light on this much appreciated...

Pete

Friday, April 30, 2010 8:33 AM
  • If you to go Tools -> Options -> Debugging, is "Break all processes when one process breaks" enabled or disabled?  What happens if you toggle this setting?

Best Regards, Andrew Hall. Visual Studio Debugger.
    Saturday, May 1, 2010 12:10 AM
  • Hi Andrew, Thanks for the reply it actually helped with another issue I was having where my bebugger was simply quitting. The option was turned on so I turned it off. However I still seem to be having trouble debugging the background worker process the symptom is that when I hit a break point vs still just gets stuuck.

Pete

Thursday, May 13, 2010 1:42 PM