none
Installing a signed driver on Windows 10 IoT Enterprise LTSB erro code 37 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi developers,

Does any one know if a signed driver failed to install on Win10 IoT Enterprise with code 37 but it successfully installed on Win10 Desktop? What do I need to change? I have built the driver as Universal driver using VS2017 and WDK for Win10 but it still failed.

Thanks for any suggestions or help.

Friday, May 25, 2018 6:39 PM

Answers

• Look at the install log in C:\Windows\INF\SetupAPI.Dev.log

-Brian

Azius Developer Training www.azius.com Windows device driver, internals, security, & forensics training and consulting. Blog at www.azius.com/blog

Friday, May 25, 2018 7:08 PM
  • Error code 37 means the driver failed during DriverEntry.  You need to check the driver code and see what might have caused it to return a failure.

Tim Roberts, Driver MVP Providenza & Boekelheide, Inc.

Saturday, May 26, 2018 6:40 AM
  • My thank to every one answered this post. By reviewing the SetupAPI.dev.log I was able to identify the issue which is the root certificate was not installed so I have to install it and the driver loaded.
    • Marked as answer by hal_2000 Friday, June 1, 2018 12:21 AM
    Friday, June 1, 2018 12:21 AM

All replies

• Look at the install log in C:\Windows\INF\SetupAPI.Dev.log

-Brian

Azius Developer Training www.azius.com Windows device driver, internals, security, & forensics training and consulting. Blog at www.azius.com/blog

Friday, May 25, 2018 7:08 PM
  • Error code 37 means the driver failed during DriverEntry.  You need to check the driver code and see what might have caused it to return a failure.

Saturday, May 26, 2018 6:40 AM
  • Hi Tim,

How does the driver failed during DriverEntry only on this version of Windows 10 2016 LTSB when it passed the normal Windows 10 Professional? Could it be with regards to the driver signing for this version of Windows 10? I have signed my driver with an EV certificate but has not submitted it to Microsoft, could this be the issue?

Tuesday, May 29, 2018 7:36 PM
  • How does the driver failed during DriverEntry only on this version of Windows 10 2016 LTSB

But you previously said it is Win10 IoT ?

-- pa

Tuesday, May 29, 2018 7:55 PM
  • Hi Pavel,

I believe that is what MS called the release Win10 IoT Enterprise 2016 LTSB.

Tuesday, May 29, 2018 9:49 PM
  • The system won't even call DriverEntry unless the certificates are all in order.  You're going to need to use a debugger to figure out what's failing.

Wednesday, May 30, 2018 4:35 PM
  • My thank to every one answered this post. By reviewing the SetupAPI.dev.log I was able to identify the issue which is the root certificate was not installed so I have to install it and the driver loaded.
    • Marked as answer by hal_2000 Friday, June 1, 2018 12:21 AM
    Friday, June 1, 2018 12:21 AM