Visual Studio 2015 Enterprise - Is it Possible to Include Assertions in UITestActionLog.html RRS feed

• Question

• I am running Visual Studio 2015 Enterprise and Team Foundation Server 2015 RC2. 

I am running my tests with VSTestConsole.exe and I have edited the QTAgent32.exe.config from C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 14.0\Common7\IDE to include the following to have the UITestActionLog.html be generated.

<system.diagnostics>
        <switches>
          <!-- You must use integral values for "value".
               Use 0 for off, 1 for error, 2 for warn, 3 for info, and 4 for verbose. -->
          <add name="EqtTraceLevel" value="4" />
        </switches>
      </system.diagnostics>

However I am seeing that my assert statements are NOT captured in the UITestActionLog.html. 

Is there any way in 2015 to have assert statements included with screenshots in UITestActionLog.html?

I've found the following user voice feature request from back in 2013:

http://visualstudio.uservoice.com/forums/121579-visual-studio/suggestions/5263621-view-assertions-performed-as-part-of-test-report-u

Ian Ceicys

• Edited by Ian Ceicys Wednesday, July 29, 2015 8:49 PM
    Wednesday, July 29, 2015 8:46 PM

Answers

• Hi Ian,

How do you add assert statement to the control?

As far as I know, there isn’t that feature in the VS now, I think you could add try catch statement to capture the exception and add additional message to the result.

For example:

try
                {
                    Assert.IsNotNull(uIButton1Button.ClassName);
                }
                catch(Exception e)
                {
                    Assert.Fail("Assert.IsNotNull(uIButton1Button.ClassName);");
                }
                // Click 'button1' button
                Mouse.Click(uIButton1Button, new Point(49, 9));

Regards

Starain

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Thursday, July 30, 2015 3:37 AM