none
Web Service submit to SharePoint list not submitting data

Question

• There are two SharePoint Online tenants - let's call one Test and one Real. I can't get my InfoPath forms to submit data to lists on the Real tenant.

I have a SharePoint list on Test and a basic form that uses a web service connection to add new items to the list. This works exactly as I would expect it to work.

I take exactly the same form and update the data connection to an identical list on the Real tenant so that the only things being changed are the site URL and the GUID for the list. When I click the submit button, I get the message that the client is talking to the server, and then nothing happens. The items are not added to the list.

Is there some setting I need to enable on the Real tenant to enable forms to connect via web services? Is there some security setting I've missed?

I can't understand why an identical form/list solution would work on one tenant but not another.

Tuesday, March 14, 2017 2:04 PM

All replies

• Hi Jessica- are your form fields bound to the new list?

cameron rautmann

Tuesday, March 14, 2017 3:13 PM
  • I have an XML file data connection which lists the field names of the SharePoint list.

When the submit button is pressed, there is a series of rules to set the fields listed in that XML file to the appropriate form fields. I had to edit the manifest file to specify the field names, but I ended up with a bunch of rules of the type "Set a field's value: Field[@Name = "Surname"] = Expert_Surname".

Then there is a data submit rule on the web service using that XML structure for the batch.

This works perfectly in the Test environment but fails in Real. When I publish the form to the Real environment and fill it out in the browser, I get a 5567 error.

Searching the web for that error code it seems like people get it for a lot of different reasons, so it's not helped me much.

Any ideas?

Tuesday, March 14, 2017 4:50 PM