none
Who can give me some help about "Windows System State Analyzer"? RRS feed

• Question

•  

When I use "Windows System State Analyzer" to take snapshot for my system whith selected option "C:\ ;HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE ; Services ; Drivers",The snoapshot was saved C:\ . When It started ,The status show busy . But It used too long time . Is this right ? Did I do something wrong ?
    I can't search any information about the use.I want some help documents about "Windows System State Analyzer" .
    Thanks very much !
    Friday, December 14, 2007 4:52 AM

Answers

• Hi there

Time taken to create a snapshot using State Analyzer tool depends on several factors.

The size of your hard disk, available memory , size of registry are key influencers of the time taken and the final size of the snapshot.

We recommend you to keep the tool running for a while when performing a snapshot operation.

If you see issues after waiting for a long period (Say over 1 hour etc.,) please report your findings and we may be able to help provide a solution.

For further help on this topic you may send email to us directly via WSLogoFB@Microsoft.com

Thanks,

[Venkat] | Windows Server Software Logo

www.InnovateOnWindowsServer.com

Monday, December 17, 2007 9:23 AM

All replies

• Hi there

Time taken to create a snapshot using State Analyzer tool depends on several factors.

The size of your hard disk, available memory , size of registry are key influencers of the time taken and the final size of the snapshot.

We recommend you to keep the tool running for a while when performing a snapshot operation.

If you see issues after waiting for a long period (Say over 1 hour etc.,) please report your findings and we may be able to help provide a solution.

For further help on this topic you may send email to us directly via WSLogoFB@Microsoft.com

Thanks,

[Venkat] | Windows Server Software Logo

www.InnovateOnWindowsServer.com

Monday, December 17, 2007 9:23 AM
  • thanks for your reply ! Smile

I have another question . What's the meaning of those snapshot names : pre install , post install , pre configuration , post configuration , post primary function , uninstall , coustom .

If I select one snapshot name and start , Does It only take a snapshot with my "selected option" ?

Those snapshot names are only used to differentiate file *.ini ,is it right ? 

If my think is wrong ,please tall me the detail .

Thanks

Wednesday, December 19, 2007 8:35 AM
  • Hello again

The names don't have any effect on the actual snapshot or its contents. They only serve as a file name for the .bin file.

That said, these are specific names we gave to help ISVs thru the Certified For Windows Server 2008 Logo program, which requires snapshot and comparision operations for many test cases.

By the way - If you haven't already I highly encourage you to enroll your application on www.innovateonwindowssever.com .

Early participants in the Logo program are eligible for significantly reduced certification costs (upto free certifications) and marketing oppurtunities.

For for more questions on the program policies and marketing benefits you may send an email to wslogoea@microsoft.com

Please do share your feedback about the State analyzer tool

Have fun :-)

[Venkat]

Wednesday, December 19, 2007 8:57 AM
  • Dear Sir,

I have encounter a similar problem.

When I press compare button on the state analyzer dialog. It seems that the program hangs abnormally.

I have wait it for more then 24 hours. It still has no response too.

Please help me solve this problem.

Thanks a lot

Ningyuan Huang
    Thursday, January 22, 2009 11:00 AM
  • Hello Ningyuan Huang

Sorry to learn about the issues you are facing.

Couple of questions:

1) Which Operating System are you running this on? what architecture? (x86 or x64)

2)  Are you using the State Analyzer tool from the latest Software Certification Toolkit 2.0 (SCT2.0)?

If not please download the same from www.InnovateOnWindowsServer.com -- We are aware of an issue with x86 versions of State Analyzer that was fixed in the SCT2.0

If required feel free to email us directly at WSLogoFB@microsoft.com

Thanks,

[Venkat]

Friday, January 23, 2009 12:44 AM
  • Dear Venkat,

My OS is Vista Business x86.

This problem is solved after download and install the latest SCT.

Thanks for your help.

Ningyuan Huang
    Monday, February 2, 2009 3:59 AM
  • I just downloaded SCT v2.0 (I verified System State Analyzer is 2.0.0.0 (SW Certification Toolkit Version 2.0)) and I am still seeing the status remain on Comparing.
    Even though the state is comparing, I can select controls on the form.

This was also a Fresh install with the latest Windows updates

I am running Vista Ultimate x86

Russell

I skate to where the puck is going to be, not where it is. -Wayne Gretzky
    Thursday, May 7, 2009 4:48 PM
  • Hello!

I'm facing similar problem, snapshot comparison last more than 24 hours, and no effect,
    the problem seem to be the number of changes between snapshots.

When I tried to shut down the system System State Analyser wakeup and asced for path to save report.
    But then program hangs totally.

I am using Server 2008 x86

Thursday, October 22, 2009 1:58 PM
  • I am seeing the same problem as Ningyuan and others.
    Running a 64-bit 2008 R2 Server, and the 64-bit Analyzer v 2.3, and trying to compare a clean 2008 install with one configured with SQL Server 2008. Seems to compare forever, but does respond to the available menu commands and the Close button.

Any luck reproducing these problems at Microsoft??

Best regards /Lars Gustafsson

PS. The innovateonwindowsserver.com now seems to redirect to microsoft.com/windows, it takes some time to locate the current toolkit from there.
    Thursday, December 17, 2009 9:16 AM