none
sharepoint lists form RRS feed

• Question

• I have a form and with a subform. I want it to work with sharepoint lists . is this possible ?

I never used sharepoint list , I thought I could just link the tables and use the database I have ...

can somenone please  point me to the right direction ?

Friday, May 12, 2017 4:15 PM

Answers

• Hi tekoko10,

As per documentation,

If members of your department or workgroup use Windows SharePoint Services 2.0 or later to communicate and collaborate with each other, you might encounter scenarios where some of the data in your Access databases must be made available on one or more SharePoint sites.

When you need to temporarily or permanently move some of your Microsoft Office Access 2007 data to a SharePoint site, you can export it to the site from your Access database. When you export data, Access creates a copy of the selected table or query database object, and stores the copy as a list. It is important to remember that the exported list will not reflect changes made to the source table or query after the export operation.

For detailed description please try to refer link below.

Export a table or query to a SharePoint site

if you want to perform import operation then you can refer link below.

Import from or link data to a SharePoint list

you can try to refer the documentation and try to export the data.

if you need further suggestion then please try to provide the steps to reproduce the issue on our side.

Regards

Deepak

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by tekoko10 Monday, May 22, 2017 6:02 AM
    Monday, May 15, 2017 8:39 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Yes, you should be able to use SharePoint Lists in your Access database. Did you go to External Data and imported/linked from SharePoint Lists?

Friday, May 12, 2017 4:20 PM
  • Yes ,, the data in the form works , But if i want to enter something in the subform , the record can not be added . Allrhough it worked when i had the tafels not on sharepoint
    Saturday, May 13, 2017 6:07 AM
  • Hi tekoko10,

As per documentation,

If members of your department or workgroup use Windows SharePoint Services 2.0 or later to communicate and collaborate with each other, you might encounter scenarios where some of the data in your Access databases must be made available on one or more SharePoint sites.

When you need to temporarily or permanently move some of your Microsoft Office Access 2007 data to a SharePoint site, you can export it to the site from your Access database. When you export data, Access creates a copy of the selected table or query database object, and stores the copy as a list. It is important to remember that the exported list will not reflect changes made to the source table or query after the export operation.

For detailed description please try to refer link below.

Export a table or query to a SharePoint site

if you want to perform import operation then you can refer link below.

Import from or link data to a SharePoint list

you can try to refer the documentation and try to export the data.

if you need further suggestion then please try to provide the steps to reproduce the issue on our side.

Regards

Deepak

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by tekoko10 Monday, May 22, 2017 6:02 AM
    Monday, May 15, 2017 8:39 AM