none
Bing Maps WinRT BETA Crashing Blend? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi there,

I'm creating a C#/XAML WinRT app, and it seems that once I've added in the Bing Maps library & C++ library and set everything up, I can no longer open up the project in Blend. It causes the designer surface to crash, and eventually the whole program. Same for opening up the samples.

Is this a known problem / are there any workarounds?

Thanks,

John.

• Moved by Ricky_Brundritt Friday, March 16, 2012 6:51 PM (From:Bing Maps: Map Control and Web services Development)
    Tuesday, March 6, 2012 10:32 PM

Answers

• This appears to be a bug in Blend that slipped past testing. There is unfortunately not a workaround available short of not using the map via xaml and constructing it in code instead.

• Marked as answer by John Westlake Thursday, March 8, 2012 11:17 PM
    Wednesday, March 7, 2012 6:00 PM

All replies

• Thanks for the bug report John. We're looking at it and will get back to you if we find a work around.
    Tuesday, March 6, 2012 10:54 PM
  • This appears to be a bug in Blend that slipped past testing. There is unfortunately not a workaround available short of not using the map via xaml and constructing it in code instead.

• Marked as answer by John Westlake Thursday, March 8, 2012 11:17 PM
    Wednesday, March 7, 2012 6:00 PM
  • Thanks for the update >.< Unfortunately I can't get that far either - just having the libraries referenced in the project is enough to bring Blend down, even if I haven't used the library anywhere in my code or XAML yet. I guess I'll leave it out for now and come back to it sometime before Win8 ships.
    Wednesday, March 7, 2012 11:15 PM
  • Thanks for update :D

Thursday, April 18, 2013 1:57 AM