AD Sync from on prem to cloud RRS feed

• Question

• I have run through and completed all the steps, but when it gets to the very last while carrying out the Sync I get this:::: Management Agent Error: The stub received bad data. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x800706F7)

Any help here would be great.....

Tuesday, May 24, 2016 2:05 PM

All replies

• Hi Paul,

Please check if the following helps:

The domain name must be explicitly specified in the domain property.
    ProcessAdmin.Domain = "domain"

Regards,
    Malar.

Wednesday, May 25, 2016 7:15 AM
  • Hello Paul,

Could you please let us know did you switch from DirSync to AAD Connect, in-place upgrade or just remove the old one and install the new server?

To narrow down the issue, I suggest you perform the steps below:

1. Create a new Azure AD global admin, then set the password to never expire.
    2. Create a new Enterprise admin in the on-premises AD and set the password to never expire.
    3. Re-run the configuration wizard and use the newly created admin credentials to set up the sync services, then check if the issue persists.

If the issue persists, please log on the AAD Connect server, then check if any sync related error messages in the event viewer. If so, please provide the detailed error messages for further investigation. 

Hope that helps!

Best Regards

Sadiqh Ahmed

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

If this post was helpful to you, please upvote it and/or mark it as an answer so others can more easily find it in the future.

Wednesday, May 25, 2016 2:54 PM