none
Site Settings Option / Creat New Option missing RRS feed

• Question

• Dear All,

I am having an issue where previously everything was working fine, but all of a sudden when i go to <Site Actions> The site settings option is missing. So is other options in the document or form library (ex: Create New item, Upload Items etc). FYI, I have not installed any tool or patch in last 2-3 days and everything was work fine till today.

Any help in this regard will be highly appreciated. Thanks!

• Moved by Mike Walsh FIN Tuesday, May 18, 2010 11:41 AM admin q (From:SharePoint - General Question and Answers and Discussion (pre-SharePoint 2010))
    Tuesday, May 18, 2010 6:09 AM

Answers

• To check Site locks:

Open Central administration-->Application management-->Click on Site Collection quotas and locks(under SHarepoint site management tab)

And also if you are able to open directly in browser means you have access for this.

Check the below link how users can hide site settings option, i think some one did like this in your environment.

http://www.wagnerlive.com/mark/Lists/Posts/Post.aspx?ID=36

Thanks & Regards, Neerubee
    Tuesday, May 18, 2010 8:06 AM

All replies

• Are you site administrator?

Check your permissions, probably someone removed your permissions and given low such as contribute/read permissions.

Tuesday, May 18, 2010 7:05 AM
  • Yes I am logging from the System Account (site admin).

FYI: I have another site collection on the same web application, but its working fine and not showing this problem.

Tuesday, May 18, 2010 7:26 AM
  • Can you login and check with some other account(not system account)?

Tuesday, May 18, 2010 7:30 AM
  • Every other account (with low or high permissions) are facing the same issue.
    Tuesday, May 18, 2010 7:33 AM
  • Check site collection accidentally was set to Read-Only lock?

Please check the below link http://share-point.blogspot.com/2010/03/mosswssv3-site-settings-not-visible.html

Tuesday, May 18, 2010 7:39 AM
  • Have you checked site locks?

One more thing, try to access your siteurl directly in browser with sitesettings, by adding _layouts/settings.aspx.

Good Luck!!!

Tuesday, May 18, 2010 7:49 AM
  • Site setting page is opening directly from browser but it does not solve my problem. The bar is still unavailable for all the users. I tried to deactivate/activate the publishing service but I get a permission error.

Btw, what do you mean by site locks and how can I check it?

Tuesday, May 18, 2010 7:59 AM
  • To check Site locks:

Open Central administration-->Application management-->Click on Site Collection quotas and locks(under SHarepoint site management tab)

And also if you are able to open directly in browser means you have access for this.

Check the below link how users can hide site settings option, i think some one did like this in your environment.

http://www.wagnerlive.com/mark/Lists/Posts/Post.aspx?ID=36

Tuesday, May 18, 2010 8:06 AM
  • Thanks Neerubee for the solution, the disabled options are working fine now (Y)

But I am still wondering why this problem occurred in the first place. As I did not temper the original site lock settings.

Tuesday, May 18, 2010 12:51 PM