none
Check-in Policy to Require a Code Review

Question

• I'd like to know if there is a way through a custom check-in policy to determine if a code review has been performed on a project? I know how to do a code review via VS but want to know if there is a setting somewhere I can query to see if a code review has been done for a specific project. 

Thanks!

Thursday, May 19, 2016 6:43 PM

Answers

• Hi elect_son,

As far as I know, we can check whether there has any filed reviewed by others under My Work -> Code Reviews. Please right click one of the item in Code Reviews to check the review state and whether there has any changes for this review for your code.

After open it, you can see all reviewed comments and if you click the file name hyperlink, you can check the changes for this file.

But I don't find any settings about conditional check in based on the code review. I suggest you check the code review before check in the file manually. Then submit your requirement to Visual Studio User Voice and share the feedback link here. It is benefit to other communities who has the same requirement to vote and add comments for your feedback. Thanks for your feedback for Visual Studio product.

Best Regards,
    Weiwei

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Saturday, May 21, 2016 5:38 AM