database access only authentication mode don't access in windows mode. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, I Had create new database in sql server authentication mode but don't access in windows mode how, only show authentication mode not show in windows mode .
    • Moved by Olaf HelperMVP Friday, November 14, 2014 7:52 PM Moved from "Database Engine" to a more specific forum for a better response.
    Saturday, November 1, 2014 6:33 AM

Answers

• If your windows ID doesn't have permissions, then you can't access the DBs. Using SQL authentication, check to see what permissions are set for the windows ID that you are using to login and grant necessary permissions to rectify the issue.

Satish Kartan www.sqlfood.com

Saturday, November 1, 2014 9:56 AM

All replies

• If your windows ID doesn't have permissions, then you can't access the DBs. Using SQL authentication, check to see what permissions are set for the windows ID that you are using to login and grant necessary permissions to rectify the issue.

Satish Kartan www.sqlfood.com

Saturday, November 1, 2014 9:56 AM
  • See if this helps

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/7048839/sql-server-query-to-find-all-permissions-access-for-all-users-in-a-database

Please Mark This As Answer if it solved your issue
    Please Mark This As Helpful if it helps to solve your issue
    Visakh
    ----------------------------
    My MSDN Page
    My Personal Blog
    My Facebook Page

Saturday, November 1, 2014 2:14 PM
  • Can you rephrase the question. I'm trying to determine what the exact question is, but I'm unsure.

Are you asking of you can configure an SQL Server only accept logins using SQL Server authentication and not Windows authentication, for instance?

Tibor Karaszi, SQL Server MVP | web | blog

Saturday, November 1, 2014 3:50 PM
  • SQL Server may be configured to allow only Windows authentication or allow both SQL and Windows authentication.  There is no option to allow only SQL authentication.  Windows authentication is more secure, but if you don't want to allow users to connect using their Windows account, simply do not add any Windows logins.

Dan Guzman, SQL Server MVP, http://www.dbdelta.com

Saturday, November 1, 2014 4:05 PM
  • Can you rephrase the question. I'm trying to determine what the exact question is, but I'm unsure.

Are you asking of you can configure an SQL Server only accept logins using SQL Server authentication and not Windows authentication, for instance?

same here

and also the thread title talks about "database authentication"

Andreas Wolter (Blog | Twitter)
    MCSM: Microsoft Certified Solutions Master Data Platform, MCM, MVP
    www.SarpedonQualityLab.com | www.SQL-Server-Master-Class.com

Saturday, November 1, 2014 6:22 PM