Refresh a content page without refreshing master page RRS feed

• Question

• User705665024 posted

Hi,

I am creating website.In that web site i am using ajax with master page. i have menu button in master page. When i click a menu item ,it will redirect to another page. How can i refresh only content page when i click the menu item( i tried updatepanel placing in master page ,but it is not working).

Please ANy body help me,

Thanks in advance.

Thursday, January 24, 2008 4:54 AM

Answers

• User1702256038 posted

Hi,

Base on your description, you want to prevent the whole page postback when you click on the menuitem to direct to a new content page?

As you said, your menu control is on the master page. In fact, you can not implement the page no-refresh when you re-load the content page.

Because the master page class derives from the UserControl class. When the application is executing, the master page just like  another child control. So you can say the master page is not a true page.

And, when the page loads, you can notice the navigationURL of the Browser address bar  is the content page's, but not the master page's.

So I would suggest you use iframe instead of the master page to implement no-postback when you click on the menuitem.

The more about how the master page works, you can read this link: http://www.odetocode.com/Articles/450.aspx

Hope it helps.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Monday, January 28, 2008 12:59 AM

All replies

• Thursday, January 24, 2008 6:03 AM
  • User1702256038 posted

Hi,

Base on your description, you want to prevent the whole page postback when you click on the menuitem to direct to a new content page?

As you said, your menu control is on the master page. In fact, you can not implement the page no-refresh when you re-load the content page.

Because the master page class derives from the UserControl class. When the application is executing, the master page just like  another child control. So you can say the master page is not a true page.

And, when the page loads, you can notice the navigationURL of the Browser address bar  is the content page's, but not the master page's.

So I would suggest you use iframe instead of the master page to implement no-postback when you click on the menuitem.

The more about how the master page works, you can read this link: http://www.odetocode.com/Articles/450.aspx

Hope it helps.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Monday, January 28, 2008 12:59 AM