none
Kinect Logo Tracking RRS feed

• Question

• Hello all,

I have a project to live track a guitarist with kinect and from the neck of the guitar to emit some particles. I do not know if this is possible whit Kinectv2 or with Kinect and Unity ? I was thinking to use a Logo or QR Code as a tracker on the end of the guitar so the kinect should track only that image and emit from that point.

There is any lib for this idea? Any suggestions?

Thank you

Wednesday, October 12, 2016 2:23 PM

All replies

• You cant track the guitar with the SDK, you would probably need to build your own solution.

if you are going with markers why a kinect? you just need a webcam or even a cellphone, if you still want kinect you need to integrate it with OpenCV.

kilawiti

Friday, October 14, 2016 2:51 PM
  • In the documentation , it says using the IR frame for tracking markers is possible. You can probably use some reflective marker on the Guitar in various points and check the IR frame for those markers as blank spots. I think they are shown as very white spots. So a custom solution that looks for white spots in the IR could possibly work. It's the same kind of logic that MoCap uses(though they use color to pinpoint markers instead).

I've seen MoCap Kinect samples around so google that and you should be able to find sth out.

On the other hand you could just use some kind of color sticker with a color that you can easily pinpoint wherever and you can scan the color image for that. You could even narrow the regions you scan by using smaller regions based on skeleton tracking.

Know though, that guitars are usually reflective on their own and could mess up your data more, to the point that Skeleton tracking doesn't work. What messes up the IR frame , messes up depth and skeleton tracking as well.You'd have to try it out and see for yourself.

Wednesday, October 19, 2016 9:22 AM