publish problem for precompiled web form application RRS feed

• Question

• User1929727834 posted

I have a vb.net 2010 web form application that I want to convert to Visual Studio 2012 which has been successful.
    The problem is when I want to do publish the website, the code has been precompiled and the website cannot be pulbished.
    It is saying it cannot access a folder that previously existed.

Thus would you tell me what I can do probably to unprecompile and compile (build) the website again?

Wednesday, October 2, 2019 8:29 PM

Answers

• User283571144 posted

Hi dcofomaha,

Do you mean you convert a asp.net web form web site to a asp.net web application i VS2012?

Could you please tell me which way you used to publish the application? Directly publish to web server or generate a package or using filesystem?

Best Regards,

Brando

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Friday, October 4, 2019 2:47 AM

All replies

• User283571144 posted

Hi dcofomaha,

As far as I know, the precomplied is happened when you want to publish the application. You could modify the setting by changing the publish setting.  It seems it is not related with  the precompiled.

Could you please post the details error message?

Is there any error when building your web application?

Which folder couldn't access?  

Best Regards,

Brando

Thursday, October 3, 2019 1:43 AM
  • User1929727834 posted

Thank you for your answer so far!

However I would like to mention the following additional items:

1. This is a file system update where I changed the setting to: 'delete all existing files prior to publish' and exclude files from the App_Data folder.
    2. When the published application is placed into production by the admin people at my company, will it make a difference to these people that the application was already compiled? I am placing the application in the same location? If so, what would these people be concerned about?
    3. When publishing using this method, an additional file called 'website.publishproj' is created. With this file being created is this something that I need to keep for the admin people that move the application to production or should I just delete the file?
    Thursday, October 3, 2019 5:13 PM
  • User283571144 posted

Hi dcofomaha,

Do you mean you convert a asp.net web form web site to a asp.net web application i VS2012?

Could you please tell me which way you used to publish the application? Directly publish to web server or generate a package or using filesystem?

Best Regards,

Brando

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Friday, October 4, 2019 2:47 AM
  • User1929727834 posted

In answer to your questions:

1. I used the file system to publish
    2. I published to a website in visual studio 2012 like I previously did in visual studio 2010.
    Friday, October 4, 2019 2:19 PM