none
usbcam.dll driver is not attached when I pluged the USB camera(UVC) on WINCE6.0 RRS feed

• Question

• I installed  and compiled usbcam.dll correctly and made new image for test.

I confirm that usbcam.dll and jpeg2rgb.dll is in \\windows folder and usbcam.reg and jpeg2rgb.reg is registered in registry.

but when I pluged the usb camera, the message box appeared in order to find the driver.

what should i do ?

my product is S5PC100 and wince6.0 based, USB host work with USB disk and USB lan and USB gprs modem well.

Thank you in advance for your kind answer.

James.

Thursday, February 17, 2011 11:22 AM

All replies

• Did you verified the contents of the usbcam.reg file exists in the device using any of remote tools or by looking into reginit.in file?
    Thursday, February 17, 2011 11:32 AM
  • Thank you for your kind reply.

I added the contents of the usbcam.reg into platform.reg before making ce image and I verified it after downloading new kernel by running regedit.exe on my product which have 7 inch LCD.

Best regards,

James.

Thursday, February 17, 2011 11:43 AM
  • Ok Cool.

And i hope your USB web camera is a video class complaint.So here are the other options to check,

* Can you build the debug version and check enabling the debugzones for USB host while inserting the camera to the USB port? Post the log here.
    * Make sure to check the bib entry for the 'K' flag in the usbcam driver entry.

Thursday, February 17, 2011 12:02 PM
  • Thank you,

when I pluged this camera into my windows xp notepc, I can find "Compatible ID" as "USB\Class_0e&SubClass_03" in hardware manager.

Is this Video class compliant?

In case of Platform.bib file, I added driver like below :

usbcam.dll         $(_FLATRELEASEDIR)\usbcam.dll          NK      SHK

jpeg2rgb.dll         $(_FLATRELEASEDIR)\jpeg2rgb.dll          NK      SHK

Regards.

James.

Thursday, February 17, 2011 12:27 PM
  • Hi James,

Could you build a debug version of the image and try to capture log messages while inserting the camera?
    Thursday, February 17, 2011 3:00 PM