How to completely remove VWD Express and SQL Express, incl REG settings RRS feed

• Question

• User-1872032969 posted

I need to completely remove both the VWD Express and SQL Express Edition from my machine. Because the SQL install files are so large, I want to make sure I am COMPLETELY removing any references to databases or connections from VWD before I attempt a fresh install. This will save me time in the end as I am afraid simply uninstalling both and then reinstalling using as I did intially will only find the database I had in before, and I would like to start from scratch. Is there any need to modify my registry before or after the uninstallation process?

Wednesday, August 26, 2009 10:02 AM

Answers

• User2130758966 posted

I am just going through this process to forcefully remove a copy of j# which has got itself embedded on our webserver. Its open in an rdc connection as i type this [:)]

This is the guide for forcing out visual studio 2005 using msizap:

If you are using visual studio 2005 then great, otherwise you might want to check the search engines - at least you know the util is called msizap now!

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Wednesday, August 26, 2009 3:41 PM

All replies

• User2130758966 posted

I am just going through this process to forcefully remove a copy of j# which has got itself embedded on our webserver. Its open in an rdc connection as i type this [:)]

If you are using visual studio 2005 then great, otherwise you might want to check the search engines - at least you know the util is called msizap now!

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Wednesday, August 26, 2009 3:41 PM
  • User-1872032969 posted

I am just going through this process to forcefully remove a copy of j# which has got itself embedded on our webserver. Its open in an rdc connection as i type this Smile

Wow, thanks Harry, that link is spot on with what I need to do.

Wednesday, August 26, 2009 8:38 PM