Office Shared Tools Required for Installation with Excel and PowerPivot RRS feed

• General discussion

• If you don't want to install the entire Office suite but you want to use PowerPivot, make sure you install Excel 2010 and Office Shared Tools. The PowerPivot add-in requires VSTO and this is only installed when you install the Office Shared Tools.

If you only installed Excel 2010 and now have difficulties using PowerPivot, please do the following:

1. Uninstall Office14 and PowerPivot.
    2. Reinstall Office14 and include Office Shared Tools.
    3. Reinstall PowerPivot.

This should fix the problem for you.

Thursday, November 19, 2009 4:28 AM

All replies

• Thanks, I tried but without succes. When I download Office14 (Office2010) from the site Office installs itself by digital river automatically. There is no moment to choose for the Office shared tools. I still got the message that Excel 2010 isn't installed.  https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid54583.  This URL/Site doesn't make sense.
    Saturday, April 3, 2010 7:24 AM
  • Even if there is no moment to install Office (?!) you can still click on Control Panel > Add/Remove Programs, click on Office 2010 - and click on CHANGE.   You should get this screen popping up:  http://www.flickr.com/photos/59453618@N00/4493058869/

From there, you will click on any additional features/tools like Office Shared Features and Office Tools.  Click on Install from My Computer.  After all the features are set, it's best to restart your computer.

Monday, April 5, 2010 2:46 PM
  • John, many thanks for your idea. I tried it, but I didn't got your screen example. I only got the click-to-run application manager screen with Repair Microsoft Office click-to-run Yes/No. http://www.flickr.com/photos/49150748@N08/4497645427/

I am going to find a 'normal' download which is not controlled by the click-to-run application manager. If you have other ideas I would appricate it.

Tuesday, April 6, 2010 9:30 PM
  • I have the exact same problem with JohnVL.  My environment is

64-bit Windows 7

Installed Microsoft Office Home and Business 2010 (Beta) - English, 14.0.4545.1000 (32bit)

Is there a solution now?

Monday, April 26, 2010 5:36 PM
  • HI,

You have to install Microsoft Office Professional Edition...

Adolph

Tuesday, July 27, 2010 1:38 AM
  • Can we not use PowerPivot with Home and Student Edition?
    Saturday, September 25, 2010 2:28 PM
  • I have installed Office 2010 32bits trial version from the downloaded installer file.

To do so i needed to login with my Windows Live ID account and go to My Account, previously i clicked the Try Button to get the trial version, in My Account it was the Evaluation Version of Office 2010 ready to get downloaded, then i clicked download and went to a page that has a hyperlink that says Advanced Options, clicked it and it displays a popup with the options for downloading the different versions installer files, so i get the 32 bits one.

I´ve installed office with the option to keep my older office 2007 version and with the Shared Office Features marked for install, like it says at the requirements an the www.powerpivot.com site. But the powerpivot for excel installer says that i have an error of versions (64 32 bits) or missing Shared Component feature, and i´m certainly i downloaded de 32 bit version powerpivot installer, and i´m on a 32 bits environment (windows 7 / office), and with the downloaded office 2010 trial installer i checked the Share Features to be installed too.

So i may think that there is an additional requirement that is of having both office 2007 and 2010 on the same machine, the installer won´t work, is that correct ?

Friday, February 18, 2011 3:38 PM
  • I have installed Office 2010 32bits trial version from the downloaded installer file.

To do so i needed to login with my Windows Live ID account and go to My Account, previously i clicked the Try Button to get the trial version, in My Account it was the Evaluation Version of Office 2010 ready to get downloaded, then i clicked download and went to a page that has a hyperlink that says Advanced Options, clicked it and it displays a popup with the options for downloading the different versions installer files, so i get the 32 bits one.

I´ve installed office with the option to keep my older office 2007 version and with the Shared Office Features marked for install, like it says at the requirements an the www.powerpivot.com site. But the powerpivot for excel installer says that i have an error of versions (64 32 bits) or missing Shared Component feature, and i´m certainly i downloaded de 32 bit version powerpivot installer, and i´m on a 32 bits environment (windows 7 / office), and with the downloaded office 2010 trial installer i checked the Share Features to be installed too.

So i may think that there is an additional requirement that is of having both office 2007 and 2010 on the same machine, the installer won´t work, is that correct ?

I got the same problem listed.  I have a MAC with Office, but also have a PC without Office.  Before I purchase another Office I wanted to see what PowerPivot looked like.  It doesn't work on MAC.
    Sunday, February 5, 2012 4:28 AM