none
Exchangee 2007 public folders RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, I have three mailbox server in my Exchange 2007 organisation.I have only exchange 2007 servers.We have outlook 2003 and 2007 users.How can i be sure that we are using Public foders for any purpose.Is thre any way to check if public folders are being used or not.
    Best Regards, Parveen Email- prvpnr@hotmail.com
    Monday, July 25, 2011 11:18 AM

All replies

• Hi,

I think is is more an administrative question than a development question.

A good criteria could be that you check the age of the newest message in each folder. If it hasn't been create within the last 3 month or so, this may be an indicator that the folder is not in use.

If you have only a few public folders, use Outlook to to that.

On the other hand, if you have hundreds or thousands of public folders, you could write a small application which iterates recursively through all public folders and dumps those which contains only messages that are older than 3 month.

The EWS Managed API would be a good starting point. If this is your preferred solution, I could sketch up a draft of a program which does that...

Kind regards,
    Henning

"Prvpnr" wrote in message news:bc31acaf-9eb1-4595-8d98-340de475424b@communitybridge.codeplex.com...

Hi, I have three mailbox server in my Exchange 2007 organisation.I have only exchange 2007 servers.We have outlook 2003 and 2007 users.How can i be sure that we are using Public foders for any purpose.Is thre any way to check if public folders are being used or not.

Monday, July 25, 2011 1:01 PM
  • Hi, I have three mailbox server in my Exchange 2007 organisation.I have only exchange 2007 servers.We have outlook 2003 and 2007 users.How can i be sure that we are using Public foders for any purpose.Is thre any way to check if public folders are being used or not.

Hi,

If you have outlook 2003 users in cache mode, then they must be downloading their Offline Address Book through System Public Folders on exchange server 2007, and these OAB system Public Folders are updated on a schedule.

Regards,

Laeeq Qazi|Team Lead(Exchange + Sharepoint + BES + DynamicsCRM) www.HostingController.com
    Wednesday, July 27, 2011 12:57 PM