none
Could not load file or assembly 'DotNetOpenAuth.Core, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=2780ccd10d57b246' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified. RRS feed

  • Question

  • what am I doing wrong, and how do I fix it?
    ----------------
    I have installed the package using nuget with the command <Install-Package DotNetOpenAuth.Core -Version 4.3.3.13295>

    here is the log of the failure

    Assembly Load Trace: The following information can be helpful to determine why the assembly 'DotNetOpenAuth.Core, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=2780ccd10d57b246' could not be loaded.

    === Pre-bind state information === LOG: User = IIS APPPOOL\ASP.NET v4.0 LOG: DisplayName = DotNetOpenAuth.Core, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=2780ccd10d57b246 (Fully-specified) LOG: Appbase = file:///C:/inetpub/wwwroot/DataPalooza/ LOG: Initial PrivatePath = C:\inetpub\wwwroot\DataPalooza\bin Calling assembly : Microsoft.Web.WebPages.OAuth, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35. === LOG: This bind starts in default load context. LOG: Using application configuration file: C:\inetpub\wwwroot\DataPalooza\web.config LOG: Using host configuration file: C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v4.0.30319\aspnet.config LOG: Using machine configuration file from C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v4.0.30319\config\machine.config. LOG: Post-policy reference: DotNetOpenAuth.Core, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=2780ccd10d57b246 LOG: The same bind was seen before, and was failed with hr = 0x80070002.


    Friday, November 15, 2013 2:33 PM

Answers

  • Just for closure

    I have no idea where & how this DLL crept into the solution.

    It was superfluous, as were a bunch of other DLL's that were dropped in by nuget and VS dependencies for razer and others.

    To resolve this issue: I deleted the bin directory, and rebuilt the web site, adding dependencies from build error messages.

    All that was needed was to add a reference to System.Web.Mvc that was needed by ELMAH.

    • Marked as answer by David Len Monday, November 25, 2013 2:08 PM
    Monday, November 25, 2013 2:08 PM

All replies

  • check if it is marked with AlwaysCopy as true and is it available at the path, if marked true

    Mark Answered, if it solves your question and Vote if you found it helpful.
    Rohit Arora

    Friday, November 15, 2013 5:07 PM
  • Just for closure

    I have no idea where & how this DLL crept into the solution.

    It was superfluous, as were a bunch of other DLL's that were dropped in by nuget and VS dependencies for razer and others.

    To resolve this issue: I deleted the bin directory, and rebuilt the web site, adding dependencies from build error messages.

    All that was needed was to add a reference to System.Web.Mvc that was needed by ELMAH.

    • Marked as answer by David Len Monday, November 25, 2013 2:08 PM
    Monday, November 25, 2013 2:08 PM