none
how to run vb.net2008 developed application on system XP-SP3 and framework4.0 installed RRS feed

• Question

• hello friends

Hello please help me regarding the following issue.
    I have developed the vb.net application in vs2008  and made EXE.
    I want to instal on other system with configuration XP-SP3 and DOTNETFRAMEWORK4.0,WindowsXP-KB942288-v3-x86 installed.

after my exe got installed on running the exe file it is throwing error "Application Encountered Problem and be closed"

Please please give any resolution its very urgent. any help appreciated.

regards

friend511

Friday, May 20, 2011 3:00 AM

Answers

All replies

• What .NET Framework was targeted in VS 2008 when the application was built?

It could not have been .NET Framework 4.0.

What other framework versions are installed on the XP SP3 machine? The possible targeted framework versions in VS 2008 are 2.0, 3.0 or 3.5.

Therefore, I suggest you install 2.0/3.0/3.5 on the XP machine using this standalone cumulative update:

http://download.microsoft.com/download/2/0/e/20e90413-712f-438c-988e-fdaa79a8ac3d/dotnetfx35.exe

You should first clean out your %temp% directory, disable you AV software and run the installer "As Administrator".

Please let us know how it goes.

Friday, May 20, 2011 4:16 AM
  • hello thanks for your response

i have  developed the application using visualstudio2008 and the targeted framework was 3.5

is anything to do with XP-SP3 on the other system? when i am installing windowsinstaller3.1 getting setup error as already newer version is installed.

please let me know to solve this issue

Friday, May 20, 2011 4:39 AM
  • What does Windows Installer have to do with this issue?

The link I provided is to the .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 cumulative update.

Friday, May 20, 2011 5:16 AM
  • Hi Friend511,

I'm posting to follow up your post, has this issue been resolved? Are there any updates?

If you need further assistance, feel free to let me know. I will be more than happy to be of assistance.

Best Regards,

Andrew Wu [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Get or Request Code Sample from Microsoft
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Monday, May 23, 2011 6:22 AM