none
MS Access 2010 and 2013 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have MS Office 2013 installed on my new laptop. However, one of my applications require MS Access 2010 as it runs adp project to do some processing. Is it possible to keep my MS Office 2013 as it is...and install MS Access 2010 on top of it? ... OR there could be some complications in it?

Any ideas?

Regards,

{P}

Microsoft Techie

Monday, November 3, 2014 2:32 PM

Answers

• You have the best scenario now (one version). It is possible to have various versions installed side by side. I run 2010 and 2013 next to each other. No problems so far. However the file association might cause some pop ups from time to time. What i mean is if you open a 2013 Access db and next time you want to open Access 2010 you might see a pop up telling you to 'configuring 2010'. No problems though it will work as expected. The switching might cause some annoyance whenever access starts with 'configuring...'  

Maurice

• Marked as answer by {P} Wednesday, November 5, 2014 8:44 AM
    Monday, November 3, 2014 5:53 PM
  • Hi,

You don’t worry about file association. You could change it in the Default Program. (Control Panel=>Programs=>Default Programs)

Best Regards

Starain

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

• Marked as answer by {P} Wednesday, November 5, 2014 8:45 AM
    Wednesday, November 5, 2014 8:16 AM

All replies

• You have the best scenario now (one version). It is possible to have various versions installed side by side. I run 2010 and 2013 next to each other. No problems so far. However the file association might cause some pop ups from time to time. What i mean is if you open a 2013 Access db and next time you want to open Access 2010 you might see a pop up telling you to 'configuring 2010'. No problems though it will work as expected. The switching might cause some annoyance whenever access starts with 'configuring...'  

Maurice

• Marked as answer by {P} Wednesday, November 5, 2014 8:44 AM
    Monday, November 3, 2014 5:53 PM
  • Thanks Maurice,

Am glad that it works side by side. Am not worried about switching between 2010 and 2013 as I need to run only the ADP file in 2010... which is not supported at all in 2013.

Another matter that worries is that am installing lower version on top of higher version...so I hope common file types associated with Access 2013 wont be attached to 2010 after the installation.

Regards,

{P}

Microsoft Techie

Tuesday, November 4, 2014 4:14 AM
  • Hi,

You don’t worry about file association. You could change it in the Default Program. (Control Panel=>Programs=>Default Programs)

Best Regards

Starain

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

• Marked as answer by {P} Wednesday, November 5, 2014 8:45 AM
    Wednesday, November 5, 2014 8:16 AM