Error 403 - Forbidden: Access is denied. Microsoft LightSwitch 2013 RRS feed

• Question

• I developed an application with Microsoft Lightswitch 2013. But to publish in ISS 7.5 and then access it fails. The publishing process is successful but when trying to access the following error 403 - Forbidden: Access is denied. I have already registered. NET Framework 4.5 on the ISS, I've also installed with the web plataform of Lightswitch prerequisites Installer and set the permissions on the application pool but I still can run my application. Anyone know why?

Wednesday, October 30, 2013 6:15 PM

Answers

• By Default website/htmlclient and website/desktopclient

• Marked as answer by Angie Xu Wednesday, November 6, 2013 2:33 AM
    Thursday, October 31, 2013 11:40 AM

All replies

• The documentation did not make this especially clear, but the web root is no longer the client path since VS2012 Update 2. If it's a Silverlight app then you have to browse to the website/Client. I don't know the specific folder you need for an html app but you can probably see it if you look at your solution folders.

Paul

Wednesday, October 30, 2013 9:00 PM
  • By Default website/htmlclient and website/desktopclient

• Marked as answer by Angie Xu Wednesday, November 6, 2013 2:33 AM
    Thursday, October 31, 2013 11:40 AM
  • Hi, please, could you be more specific what is necessarry to do?

Btw, I just do not understand the reason why something that worked perfectly was updated to something "better" that produces the access denied error.

Thanks a lot,

Pavel

Wednesday, November 20, 2013 7:28 PM
  • The website structure was changed so the client url has changed.

If you are using a Silverlight web client, users browse to www.MySite.com/Client.

If you are using a Silverlight desktop client, users browse to www.MySite.com/DesktopClient.

If you are using an html client, users browse to www.MySite.com/HtmlClient.

Paul

Thursday, November 21, 2013 11:02 AM