vs up to its old tricks RRS feed

• Question

• i have a really old thread on this but no idea how I got it fixed and now its fubar again.

I am working on a website(not a project)(so codefile not codebehind, no idea if that matters)

I create a new webform and add a object (button)

dbl click and no event is created, as a matter a fact  it takes me to the html source(my editor is set correctly)

now old webforms on that website have issues where if I dbl click an object it goes to src  page

when I view the vb code it shows many of my objects not declared  even though I can run the page just fine

its like some link between the objects and my web site has been corrupt. it happened a few years ago and no idea why its worked again until now.

I have reinstalled vs 2017 and applied all updates.

thanks

• Edited by Texasmikey Friday, December 21, 2018 5:10 PM
    Friday, December 21, 2018 5:09 PM

Answers

• update:

after days of  web searches I finally found the clue that got me the answer.

all my issues creating web pages was from not running vs as admin.

you can close this and my other thread

thanks

Saturday, December 22, 2018 4:43 PM

All replies

• update:

after days of  web searches I finally found the clue that got me the answer.

all my issues creating web pages was from not running vs as admin.

you can close this and my other thread

thanks

Saturday, December 22, 2018 4:43 PM
  • Hi Texasmikey,

Welcome to the MSDN forum.

We are glad to hear that your issue is solved and thank you for your sharing the solution.

Please mark your reply as the answer and that will help other community members who meet the same or similar issues to easier search this helpful information, then we can close this thread, thanks in advance.

If you have any other VS IDE issues, please feel free to let me know.

Have a nice day!

Best regards,

Sara

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Monday, December 24, 2018 1:43 AM