none
.net 4.6 RRS feed

• Question

• I am trying to download .Net 4.6 but everytime I try I get the error:   SetupResources.dll missing from 2057 directory

I have tried to download a new .dll file but this doesn't work either - I cannot upgrade a Payroll package without 4.6 being installed - Any ideas?

Tuesday, April 18, 2017 2:28 PM

All replies

• Hi TwickenhamJB,

This forum discusses and ask questions about issues regarding the very core of .NET, Since your issue is more realted to .Net Framework Setup, we'll move the thread to .Net Framework Setup forum for suitable support.

Thanks for your understanding.

Best regards,

Cole Wu

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, April 19, 2017 1:57 AM
  • Hi TwickenhamJB,

Thank you for posting MSDN forum.

>>SetupResources.dll missing from 2057 directory

This error message tells us "The OS failed to find SetupResources.dll from installation package".

Please try steps as below:

1. Check and install all the Windows update.

2. Download a new .Net Framework 4.6 pacakge from here:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-sg/download/details.aspx?id=48130

3. Extract the package to a folder and install it manually by right click Setup.exe with "Run as Administrator".

4. Before running the installation, you can try the following  repair tool to repair your OS: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2698555

Best regards,

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, April 19, 2017 7:32 AM