Azure Data Factory->ARM Template Deployment RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Experts,

I have Dev Data factory and I need to move all my Data Factory to Test environment. For this I'm following ARM template approach. I exported the ARM template and trying to Import into Test Data Factory. When I Import the parameter file it was successfully imported and the number of parameters it is showing as 630 and then I imported Arm_template file and the size of the file is 10MB. Now when I imported this file status is not changing and resources count is also not coming. 

Is there any limit on template file size? Can't we deploy these two files?

And I've seen there some linked templates and I was trying to import those as well. I ca see the resources when I imported also. But in the parameter section there are two mandatory parameters expecting some values. 

I go through the below link to deploy the linked templates and it is having the info about below parameters.

Container Uri

Container Sas Token

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/azure-resource-manager/resource-group-linked-templates

It seems these are cost effective if we generate these two.  

Could you please help me out to understand the linked deployment approach.

Thanks,

MG

Thursday, March 7, 2019 10:30 AM

All replies

• Hi MG,

You can either specify resource property values directly in the template or define a parameter and provide values during deployment. It's fine to use a parameter for each property value for small deployments, but there is a limit of 255 parameters per deployment. Once you get to larger and more complex deployments you may run out of parameters.

For more details, refer ”Use an object as a parameter in an Azure Resource Manager template”.

This article gives recommendations about how to construct your Resource Manager template. These recommendations help you avoid common problems when using a template to deploy a solution.

Hope this helps.

Friday, March 8, 2019 9:44 AM
  • Hi MG,

Just checking in to see if the above answer helped. If this answers your query, do click “Mark as Answer” and Up-Vote for the same. And, if you have any further query do let us know.

Tuesday, March 12, 2019 6:31 AM