none
type or namespace name ### could not be found

Question

• I've been building a C# application in VS 2013. I've found I need some classes that are available from .Net 4.6.2. So I load the 4.6.2 dev kit. I changed my application framework to 4.6.2, but I'm not seeing the classes I need. The namespace I am using is System.Security.Cryptography. I need to use the BCryptNative API along with its associated classes.

Online, the MS documentation shows BCryptNative under System.Security.Cryptography. Visual Studio, however does not. The

Now I know I can find BCryptNative.cs file and 'Add existing'. I have done so but this spawns a whole raft of dependencies that likewise have to be found and imported into my project. This is messy and it is hard to believe this is the way it's done. Since I have migrated my application from .Net 3.5 to .Net 4.6.2 and loaded .Net 4.6.2 (shows up in the registry and everything) is there some other setting I need to make within VS to see these new classes?

Thanks for reading this far in and helping out. If I figure it out I will amend to this post.

Tuesday, September 13, 2016 6:07 PM

Answers

• Hi khussey,

Thanks for your post.

>> the MS documentation shows BCryptNative under System.Security.Cryptography.

I also did a research about the System.Security.Cryptography, but find BCryptNative API is not under it.

Reference:

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/system.security.cryptography(v=vs.110).aspx

How about telling us which documentation you refer to?

We may find out which dlls or assemblies contain the BCryptNative API according to your reference article, then try to add the correct ones to your application.

Best Regards,

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

Click HERE to participate the survey.

Wednesday, September 14, 2016 8:36 AM