3945ABG Wireless Disconnect Issue (XP) RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, for a few days now, the wireless on my Dell Inspiron E1505 will turn off intermittently.  Most of the fixes i've found are for Vista, but the one i found for XP involved getting a Intel® PRO/Wrieless 3945ABG Network Connection (Microsoft) device driver.  The only ones installed on my laptop are Intel ones which aren't working.  Can anyone tell me where to find the Microsoft made version of the driver?  Thanks
    Tuesday, April 5, 2011 5:45 PM

Answers

• You're using a Wi-Fi network adapter installed in a notebook computer, so you have to ask the manufacturer for an up-to-date driver. Remember: when you use a notebook computer, you always have to use the drivers provided by the computer manufacturer, not the ones provided by the original producer of the device you want to use!

At the following web address

http://support.dell.com/support/downloads/driverslist.aspx?&l=en&s=gen&os=WW1&osl=en&SystemID=INSPIRONI6400/E1505

you can find the Dell support web page for your notebook, where you can find and download the appropriate drivers and software for your notebook, including the ones for your Wi-Fi network adapter. Uninstall the current driver and software used by your Wi-Fi adapter, download the ones listed in that web page, reboot your system and install the new drivers.

Try and let us know if everything works the right way.

Bye.

Luigi Bruno
    • Marked as answer by Paul E Long Friday, April 22, 2011 1:18 PM
    Wednesday, April 6, 2011 8:22 PM