none
Trying to "Download report" after load test yields GZip magic number error

Question

• Hi,

I'm very new to performance testing with Visual Studio and am still trying to find my way around.

We have Visual Studio 2015 on site with which I've recorded some perf' scripts and created a simple load test to shake out the set up prior to more serious testing later.

I've connected to an instance of VS on Azure to provide Vuser load and have successfully run 2 shake out tests.

The problem I'm getting is when I click the link to "Download report" from the completed test, I get an error message:

"There was an error while importing the result file. Details : The magic number in GZip header is not correct.  Make sure you are passing in a GZip stream..

After correcting the problem open the results from Load Test Manager."

I've tried Googling the error but can't find the answer.

Is there another method of getting these reports? can I go to where they are stored directly?

Hope you can help this green newbie,

Andy.

• Edited by OzzyAndius Thursday, December 10, 2015 2:54 PM
    Thursday, December 10, 2015 11:06 AM

All replies

• Hi Andy,

>>The problem I'm getting is when I click the link to "Download report" from the completed test.

Could you share me a screen shot about the above result? Where did you download report?

>> "There was an error while importing the result file. Details : The magic number in GZip header is not correct.  Make sure you are passing in a GZip stream..

Not run your load test, could you run your web performance test singly? If you visit the request in your browser directly now, how about the result?

I met this error before which was related to the cookies:

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/21901efe-8d36-40ed-9dad-2ce9968b4273/the-magic-number-in-gzip-header-is-not-correct-error?forum=csharpgeneral

Maybe you could share us more detailed information about this issue, so we could understand this issue better.

For example, after your load test was finished, please check the table result, and make sure that whether all web tests really run successfully. Please also enable the log:

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ff361774.aspx

Best Regards,

Jack

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Monday, December 14, 2015 2:15 AM