none
Upload application to the store

Question

• I m trying to upload my App for certification, on the windows store that Uses SQlite I added in the description of the Note Testers field the following :

“My Balance, is a simple application that let the user analyze his payment every month, to keep him update with his balance. He can create an account reset his password, or even retrieve it in case he forgot it. this app doesn't collect any information from user, and it uses privacy policy. it doesn't require any internet connection.
    To be able to access all other components of the app please do the following steps:
    you will need to create an account when you launch the app because the DB will be created on the first launch of the application inside the local folder of the app. this app uses SQLite.
    1. Create an Account
    2. Login to the user you just create it
    3. access all other pages of the app”

I tried to explain that the DB is generated oh the load on the app for the first time, but I keep received that my app certification failed, and the following note from testers:

"The App requires a user account. No such information was provided or was incomplete or required additional verification details. This prevented us from completing our review of this App."

any idea what should I do??

• Edited by azar393 Wednesday, July 2, 2014 9:58 AM
    • Moved by Eric Fleck Wednesday, July 2, 2014 3:04 PM Publishing question, not MDM
    Wednesday, July 2, 2014 9:56 AM

Answers

• the test team is not going to create username / password for every application they need to test.

so make a demo mode that they can activate and can by pass the login screen.

Ship the application with a demo username and password in the database (you can insert it during the database creation if that is enough)

Microsoft Certified Solutions Developer - Windows Store Apps Using C#

• Marked as answer by azar393 Thursday, July 3, 2014 11:10 AM
    Thursday, July 3, 2014 10:14 AM

All replies

• can't you provide them with an account? instead let them generate it?

Thursday, July 3, 2014 6:32 AM
  • I think I will have to change some of my code, because SQLite always create a DB on first load of the app. That's how my code is made. So you're suggestion is to change my code app?

thank you for your help and concern :)

Thursday, July 3, 2014 9:51 AM
  • the test team is not going to create username / password for every application they need to test.

so make a demo mode that they can activate and can by pass the login screen.

Ship the application with a demo username and password in the database (you can insert it during the database creation if that is enough)

• Marked as answer by azar393 Thursday, July 3, 2014 11:10 AM
    Thursday, July 3, 2014 10:14 AM
  • ok that is so helpful and a good idea thank you for your help :)
    Thursday, July 3, 2014 11:10 AM