SSRS issue after migrating from 2008 to 2016 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

Looking for some advice regarding an issue I have at the moment after a migration of reports database from 2008 to 2016.

Exported the reports database and logs fine, restored them onto the new server without issue. When going to the web portal url the reports load but there is no "NEW" option so I am unable to create any data sources. I am also unable to edit any existing data sources. 

Can anyone advise on this issue?

Thanks

Ross

Tuesday, March 10, 2020 8:46 PM

All replies

• Hello Ross,

Could you check if the account you login in have the permission in security?  

There is no 'New' option if you account is ‘Browser':

You should grant 'Content Manager' access to it or you should login with administrator account.

Besides that, please check if you migrate reports database successfully, such as user access? Here is a thread about  SSRS migration from 2008 to 2016 , you can refer to it and check if something wrong while you migrated.

Hope it will help. If the issue persists, please feel free to ask.

BR 

Dawn

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, March 11, 2020 5:47 AM
  • Hello,
    Have you solved the question?
    If you have resolved your issue, please mark the useful reply as answer. This can be beneficial to other community members finding and reading the thread easily. 
    In addition, if you have another questions, please feel free to ask.
    Thanks for your contribution.

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Thursday, March 12, 2020 7:06 AM