none
Security differences between 2.0 and 3.0 RRS feed

• Question

•  

Hi All

I am trying to run a simple app that accesses a SQL server. I am testing on three machines, the development, the user, and the server.

I have .Net 3.0 on my development machine and the user machine. The server does not.

The app runs from a file share on the server on both the development and user machines, but I get a security exception

Request for permission of type System.Data.SqlClient.SqlClientPermission...failed. ...The zone of assembly that failed was intranet.

when I try to access the Sql server from the user machine.

The development machine allows me to connect to the sql server without any problems.

Both machines are running XP SP2, I am logging onto both with adminstrative logons. I cant for the life of me understand why one machine will let me connect to the database but the other wont.

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Shai

Thursday, April 3, 2008 1:27 AM

Answers

• It seems that you shared an assembly on the server for both user and development machine to access, right?

If so, you should check the .NET Framework CAS(code access security) in Control Panel >> Administrative Tools >> Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 Configuration on user machine.

FYI: .NET Framework 3.0 is built on .NET 2.0, it still use 2.0 core foundation.

Thanks

Friday, April 4, 2008 2:34 AM