none
OWA Signature Update RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

We're using Exchange Web Services to set user signature in Outlook Web Access. It works great, we see the signature under Options>Settings and the "Automatically include my signature on messages I send" check box is checked. We also set this programmatically.

However, when the user creates a new e-mail message in OWA the signature does not show up. A work around for this is to go to Options>Setting, uncheck the "Automatically include my signature on messages I send" check box , Save, check the check box again and save.

The code we use to set the signature looks something like this:

Folder rootFolder;
    UserConfiguration OWAConfig;

rootFolder = Folder.Bind(service, WellKnownFolderName.Root);
    OWAConfig = UserConfiguration.Bind(service, "OWA.UserOptions", rootFolder.ParentFolderId, UserConfigurationProperties.All);

OWAConfig.Dictionary["signaturehtml"] = "Hello World";
    OWAConfig.Dictionary["autoaddsignature"] = "True";
    OWAConfig.Update();

Any idea how to get around this problem?

Thursday, January 10, 2013 7:38 AM

Answers

• The values are typed in the Dictionary so you need to make sure you use a Boolean, the way your using it means that in the XML in the property the value gets set to string. eg you should have

OWAConfig = UserConfiguration.Bind(service, "OWA.UserOptions", WellKnownFolderName.Root, UserConfigurationProperties.All);
                OWAConfig.Dictionary["autoaddsignature"] = true;
                OWAConfig.Update();
    cheers
    Glen
    Monday, January 14, 2013 5:49 AM

All replies

• When your testing are you making your change and then logging out of OWA and then Logging back on before testing ? This is important because OWA caches this setting so you wouldn't see an immediate change in a logged on session.

Cheers
    Glen

Friday, January 11, 2013 9:58 AM
  • Hi Glen,

Thanks for the response. I've tried logging out and logging back in, even tried clearing the cache and then logging in/out in Firefox, IE and Chrome.

But still the signature isn't automatically inserted into a new email. It should make a difference since I'm testing it on Office 365, right?

Friday, January 11, 2013 12:28 PM
  • The values are typed in the Dictionary so you need to make sure you use a Boolean, the way your using it means that in the XML in the property the value gets set to string. eg you should have

OWAConfig = UserConfiguration.Bind(service, "OWA.UserOptions", WellKnownFolderName.Root, UserConfigurationProperties.All);
                OWAConfig.Dictionary["autoaddsignature"] = true;
                OWAConfig.Update();
    cheers
    Glen
    Monday, January 14, 2013 5:49 AM
  • Great! Thats it! Thank you!
    Monday, January 14, 2013 7:27 AM