How to limit resources in Resource Group ? RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I'd like to create a Resource Group and make one user a contributor to this RG so he can create VMs, Vnets, storage, etc in it.

Can I somehow limit those resources so he cannot create too much ?

• Edited by P5000 Friday, December 1, 2017 9:10 AM
    • Moved by Nirushi J Friday, December 1, 2017 1:02 PM better suited in Management Portal
    Friday, December 1, 2017 9:07 AM

Answers

• Hi,

there's no limitation (except the subscription limit) to what a user can create. You could take a look at Azure Devtest Labs, which allows you to set quotas on what other users may create within the lab. More information here: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/devtest-lab/

Floris van der Ploeg - www.florisvanderploeg.com

If my post was helpfull, remember to click the "Propose as answer" button.

• Marked as answer by P5000 Thursday, December 14, 2017 11:15 AM
    Friday, December 1, 2017 2:12 PM

All replies

• You can use Azure Role-Based Access Control (RBAC) to assign the exact permissions to the user as per your requirement. Azure Role-Based Access Control (RBAC), enables fine-grained access management for Azure.

You can grant access from within the resource, resource group, or subscription. You may refer this document Use Role-Based Access Control to manage access to your Azure subscription resources.

There are some built-in roles that can be assigned to users, groups, and services. You can’t modify the definitions of built-in roles.  However, you can create Custom roles in Azure RBAC to fit the specific needs of your organization.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Do click on "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, this can be beneficial to other community members

• Proposed as answer by Nirushi J Friday, December 1, 2017 1:00 PM
    Friday, December 1, 2017 1:00 PM
  • Hi,

there's no limitation (except the subscription limit) to what a user can create. You could take a look at Azure Devtest Labs, which allows you to set quotas on what other users may create within the lab. More information here: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/devtest-lab/

Floris van der Ploeg - www.florisvanderploeg.com

If my post was helpfull, remember to click the "Propose as answer" button.

• Marked as answer by P5000 Thursday, December 14, 2017 11:15 AM
    Friday, December 1, 2017 2:12 PM