none
Can't add a screenshot description with Russian characters in the package description

Question

• Hi,

I just had my application translated to Russian. I uploaded the new package with no issue but when i insert some Russian characters in the screenshot description, there is an error and they are not saved. 

This prevents me from publishing my application as each screenshot must have a description in the submitted language. It works well if i input some latin characters.

To reproduce, enter "Панорамы улиц в полноэкранном режиме", when you click elsewhere, you will get a red interoggation Mark (see screenshot)

I believe this is a Windows regression, I already had an other app translated to Russian and published

Thanks,

Fabien

Thursday, December 12, 2013 2:50 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hello,

I just checked again and I still have the same problem. Can somebody help me here ? Looks like a serious issue

Thanks,

Fabien

Saturday, December 21, 2013 2:47 PM
  • What web browser are you using? Someone else posted a similar issue recently and it turned out they were using chrome, when they switched to internet explorer it seemed to work fine. I'm not saying this is the fix, but it worked for them..

-Rob

Sunday, December 22, 2013 2:09 PM
  • Hi,

I'm using Chrome, will try in IE !

Fabien

Sunday, December 22, 2013 2:50 PM
  • I'm curious, did it work?

-Rob

Sunday, December 22, 2013 3:53 PM
  • Wow, it actually works in IE, thanks a lot Rob! Also, I had the same problem with Hungarian characters

Thanks a lot!

Not sure if I should mark this as answered because this is only a workaround, no there is a way to report it to MS?

Fabien

Sunday, December 22, 2013 3:59 PM
  • Wow, it actually works in IE, thanks a lot Rob! Also, I had the same problem with Hungarian characters

Thanks a lot!

Not sure if I should mark this as answered because this is only a workaround, no there is a way to report it to MS?

Fabien

I don't think Microsoft can fix problems in a google web browser.

-Rob

Sunday, December 22, 2013 4:00 PM
  • I would rather bet on the MS dev servers and website having an issue working with those characters than a Chrome issue, that would have been fixed by now surely. But can't be sure :)

Sunday, December 22, 2013 4:01 PM
  • My guess to report this to MS (be specific with "it works in i.e. not chrome") is :

1. click dashboard first (odd, I know) and log in if you have to

2. Then support option up top becomes visible (it's not otherwise visible) on top of page

3. From there either use e-mail, chat, or phone options - do not use forums.

-Rob

Sunday, December 22, 2013 4:04 PM
  • Thanks, sent an email through their support page, will comment here if I get an answer!
    Sunday, December 22, 2013 4:09 PM
  • Hello Rob,

Just got an answer from MS, you were right, they won't bother with issues that don't happen in IE:

Thank you for contacting Microsoft support, I understand you are currently experiencing trouble trying to submit your app using Google Chrome, unfortunately, as support for Windows Store Developers, we can only provide assistance and guidance for issues related to Microsoft products. Since the app submission is working fine on Internet Explorer, I would recommend using IE instead.
    Please let me know if you have further questions.

Oh well, some things don't change :)

Fabien

Monday, December 23, 2013 1:12 PM
  • Thank you Fabien for reporting this.

We are working on a fix for this specific issue. We will provide an update once this fix has been implemented. The Windows Store Dev Center supports the major browsers, including Chrome. I would encourage you to submit a support request for issues experienced with the dashboard, including those that appear to be browser-specific.

Thank you!

-Jonathan

Friday, January 10, 2014 10:41 PM
  • Hello all,

Non-ASCII screenshots should now work as expected in the major browsers. Should you experience this issue again, please do submit a support request to report the incident with our Windows Store Developer Support agents.

Thank you!
    -Jonathan

Windows Store Developer Support

Office Store Developer Support

Thursday, February 6, 2014 11:54 PM