Created VM in DevTest Lab - shows in list, but when I select it get the msg "Not found" RRS feed

• Question

• I've created a lab with three vm. Two of them are fine. The third shows in the list of VMs with the status "not found". When I select this VM a new blade opens, but it shows just the "raining cloud" (or is it a weeping clound?).

I created a fourth VM and it also works as expected. 

As the broken VM is reported as not found, I am not even able to delete it.

ralf

Friday, June 17, 2016 5:23 PM

Answers

• So - with the help of a of a developer from the VS Dev Tools group - I was able to figure out what was causing the problem.

The server in question was called "adserver" as in "Active Directory Server". But I am running "Ad Block Plus" in Chrome. And this add-in might be thinking that "adserver" means "Advertisement Server" and blocks the request.

I've disabled Ad Block Plus und the status of my vm shows up correctly. 

MANY THANKS to Mithun for helping me. The support was really great

Regards

ralf

Friday, July 1, 2016 5:18 PM

All replies

• Hello Ralfkret,

I am not sure about the what was causing the problem, Can you please close the browser and reopen and try. if issue persist please provide me more details like your subscription ID, Lab name along with screenshot so that it will help us to investigate the issue and provide you the solution. you can mail me the details to

v hyphen suhp at Microsoft dot com

Thank you for understanding.

Regards,

Saturday, June 18, 2016 1:51 PM
  • So - with the help of a of a developer from the VS Dev Tools group - I was able to figure out what was causing the problem.

The server in question was called "adserver" as in "Active Directory Server". But I am running "Ad Block Plus" in Chrome. And this add-in might be thinking that "adserver" means "Advertisement Server" and blocks the request.

I've disabled Ad Block Plus und the status of my vm shows up correctly. 

MANY THANKS to Mithun for helping me. The support was really great

Regards

ralf

Friday, July 1, 2016 5:18 PM
  • Thank you for the feedback.

Regards,

Saturday, July 2, 2016 8:47 AM