none
Visual Studio 2015 Update 1 not updating output to match source code changes using TypeScript

Question

• When I make changes to TypeScript code the changes aren't reflected in what is rendered in the browser window (using Edge on Windows 10 64bit). Refreshing the browser cache (F5) doesn't work. Is there a problem with the TypeScript compiler? Are JavaScript files being built whenever changes to TypeScript files are made? I've noticed that sometimes I have to copy my TypeScript code, delete the TypeScript file, paste the code and wait for the JavaScript file to be built before it works. I've also had problems with JavaScript files not being built at all from the TypeScript file. Occasionally, if I wait for several hours and start Visual Studio 2015 again the TypeScript file starts working as it should according to the code.
    Saturday, January 23, 2016 5:17 PM

Answers

All replies

• Can I check my TypeScript configuration file is correct (tsconfig.json) for TypeScript 1.7.6?

{
      "compilerOptions": {
        "noImplicitAny": false,
        "noEmitOnError": true,
        "removeComments": false,
        "sourceMap": true,
        "target": "es5",
        "emitDecoratorMetadata": true,
        "experimentalDecorators": true,
        "module": "system",
        "moduleResolution": "node"
      },
      "exclude": [
        "node_modules",
        "wwwroot"
      ]
    }

Saturday, January 23, 2016 5:22 PM
  • Hi bifrost.pro,

Since this forum is to discuss the VS IDE, based on your description, this issue would be related to the development. It is related to the web app, am I right?

As far as I know, the web app has his own support site here:

http://forums.asp.net

You could post your issue in the ASP.NET forum, there you would get dedicated support.

If it is not the web project, please tell me the real project type, I will help you find a more appropriate forum.

Thanks,

Jack

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Wednesday, January 27, 2016 2:46 AM
  • I'm not sure what the issue is yet. I have found that changing the Port number in the Visual Studio IDE solves the problem.
    Wednesday, January 27, 2016 5:34 AM
  • Glad to know that you have resolved this issue,  bifrost.pro:)

If you met any VS IDE usage issue, please feel free to post the issue in our forum. Of course, if you meet any web developing issue, the ASP.NET forum would be a better choice.

Have a nice day,

Jack

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Wednesday, January 27, 2016 9:01 AM