none
Can't Upload Zips to Container?

Question

• So I have about 600 zip files of 5-100mb each that will simply not upload to a certain container in storage. About half of the batch did upload successfully, but the other half will simply not upload no matter what I try. The zip files are valid. They can be uplaoded to a different container. I can create dummy zip files and they will upload the problem container. Same experience in both storage explorer and cyberduck, the upload progress shows as running but spins forever with no actual data uploaded.

Does anyone have any clue what the problem might be, I'm ready to just drop azure altogether and go back to S3 after hours of struggle and no progress.

Wednesday, January 18, 2017 10:06 AM

Answers

• Yep, the names should be fine, here's one example file name DL31162.zip .

I have 529 successfully uploaded, and the container is just plain broken. Win 10 Pro, latest cyber duck and latest Storage explorer unable to load files to this particular container. Delete and re-upload fails. Container rename, still same issue.  It went and done broke.

This is killing me, definitely doesn't instill confidence in azure storage.

EDIT: For future reference, to resolve this issue I had to delete and completely re-upload the entire container. Thanks for assistance.

• Edited by vegasdev Thursday, January 19, 2017 10:24 PM
    • Marked as answer by vegasdev Thursday, January 19, 2017 10:24 PM
    Wednesday, January 18, 2017 10:22 PM

All replies

• Hi,

there's no limitation on what kind of files you're allowed to upload to Azure. My assumption is that you didn't reach the limits of your storage account or container yet (check https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/azure-subscription-service-limits#storage-limits for the storage limits). One thing that comes to mind, is the filename; do you have an example of the files that couldn't be uploaded?

Floris van der Ploeg - www.florisvanderploeg.com

If my post was helpfull, remember to click the "Propose as answer" button.

Wednesday, January 18, 2017 12:40 PM
  • Yep, the names should be fine, here's one example file name DL31162.zip .

I have 529 successfully uploaded, and the container is just plain broken. Win 10 Pro, latest cyber duck and latest Storage explorer unable to load files to this particular container. Delete and re-upload fails. Container rename, still same issue.  It went and done broke.

This is killing me, definitely doesn't instill confidence in azure storage.

EDIT: For future reference, to resolve this issue I had to delete and completely re-upload the entire container. Thanks for assistance.

• Edited by vegasdev Thursday, January 19, 2017 10:24 PM
    • Marked as answer by vegasdev Thursday, January 19, 2017 10:24 PM
    Wednesday, January 18, 2017 10:22 PM