none
Workflow Manager 1.0 Product Roadmap RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Folks,

I have a need to develop an application (C#, MVC 5, VS2013) that uses a basic workflow and am looking at a suitable workflow engine.

The workflow side of things will be stand-alone application running on an application server - some time in the future I may need to integrate it with SharePoint 2013 and Azure, however for the moment I will not be using these products.

I am thinking of using Workflow Manager 1.0 and/or WF 4.0 however, the products appear to have been around for a while and don't seem to be updated much.  I am wondering if Microsoft have a clear product roadmap/support lifecycle for these technologies or are they at end-of-life and should be replaced by something else.

Regards

Andy

Tuesday, July 8, 2014 1:30 AM

All replies

• I asked the same question a few months ago and haven't received a response yet. However I did reach out to one of the old product managers today asking if he could provide some update on where WM is going. He informed me it is now being managed by a different team and he forwarded my request on to them. So hopefully we will get some kind of response in the next few days.
    Thursday, July 24, 2014 2:19 AM
  • PING!  Any update on the WFM 1.0 roadmap?  We are looking at this for an enterprise solution, but don't want to dive in if it is not supported.  Also, it was discouraging to discover that the ServiceBus 1.0 used in WFM 1.0 can't be upgraded.
    Thursday, September 25, 2014 11:37 PM
  • :-/  any update on the Roadmap ?

@ Andy I'm in the same Situation. How did you decide ? What was your experience with WFM 2013 & performance so far ?

• Proposed as answer by kiri Tuesday, February 10, 2015 8:49 AM
    • Unproposed as answer by kiri Tuesday, February 10, 2015 8:49 AM
    Friday, January 16, 2015 2:29 AM
  • Any News to Workflow Manager? What is the roadmap? Pls. Microsoft, give a answer....

tx, Kiri

Tuesday, February 10, 2015 8:52 AM
  • I am also still interested in finding out the solution to my original question.
    Tuesday, February 10, 2015 8:27 PM