none
Help with Windows Server. RRS feed

• Question

• I am the owner of a construction company that manages multiple jobs. What I would like to do is have a server set up that allows tiers of access. To explain further I would like to have 4 levels of pw protected access. In decending order there is Owner, Superintendent, Project manager, and Sub-Contractors. Each would need to be able to upload important documents to the server such as submittals and recipts. I would like the server set up so that I have access to all of the files from each section. In addition, I would like the Superintendent to have access to all files below him, Project Manager all files below him, and Sub-Contractor only files he uploads. Basically permissions going downward. Also I would like to be able to set up where each would have log in information so that they could access the server. As this is a small company in the scale of things it would be nice if each job had only access to their information. The company wide address book and calender would be nice as well and ability to access them via their iPhones would be great as well. Can anyone help me with this?
    Saturday, October 6, 2012 5:52 AM

All replies

• Hi,

you might not be in the perfect forum for this question, but Project Server/SharePoint Server might be solution for you since it provides a document library feature.

By default Project Server creates for each project a Project Site. This enables you to store documents and all project stakeholders get access to it. For example Project Manager and Team Members can edit documents. If you need different levels of access you can grant groups of stakeholders different permissions levels and you can also disable the automatic provisioning of permission to define it more granular.

You can access all documents in a SharePoint library via Windows Explorer (WebDAV), as well as with most browser including mobile browser and there are also app for mobile devices like the iPhone available.

Hope that helps,

Renke

Project MVP Germany http://www.holert.com

Saturday, October 6, 2012 7:52 AM