Versioning Rampage RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I have a Infopath forms library with versioning enabled.  The library has many infopath forms with workflows associated.  The infopath form has code behind.  One form created 1864 version in just a few minutes taking up 2GB worth of space on the server.  This is a production library.  What would cause this behavior?

What would the result be if I disable versioning on this library in order to clean up these forms?  Is there a best practice to remove this data? 

Thanks

• Changed type Rock Wang– MSFT Thursday, August 11, 2011 1:55 AM Question
    • Moved by Mike Walsh FIN Thursday, August 11, 2011 6:58 AM Either InfoPath or Workflow. Moving (first?) to workflow given the suggested solution (From:SharePoint - Setup, Upgrade, Administration and Operation (pre-SharePoint 2010))
    Wednesday, August 10, 2011 8:32 PM

Answers

All replies

• HI,

It seems that the workflows running behind them were invoked. 

You can check ULS logs to find out when and how it was started.

If you delete previous versions those will be passed to Recycle BIN and you need to remove the documents from there as well.

You a refer this article for all details:

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/sharepoint-server-help/restore-or-delete-a-previous-version-of-an-item-or-file-HA010148859.aspx#BM4

I hope this will help you out.

Thanks, Rahul Rashu
    • Marked as answer by Wayne Fan Monday, August 22, 2011 3:31 AM
    Thursday, August 11, 2011 3:52 AM
  • Hi,

Did you try Rashu.Rahul’s suggestion? If anything is unclear, feel free to reply to the forum.

Thanks,

Rock Wang

Forum Support

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Regards, Rock Wang Microsoft Online Community Support
    Friday, August 12, 2011 9:21 AM