Problems adding additional queries from an external data source to an existing lightswitch project RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

Thank in advance for your help

I have created a lightswitch projected connected to an external data source (SQL) that contains both tables and queries.

After I worked with a series of changes with the project I added a couple of additional queries in sql and I have used the LightSwitch's 'refresh data source option' to refresh my project but it is not adding the queries.

I have clean the project rebulit the solution, reset my machine, restarted sql and sorth but nothing seems to work.

Also, I had a couple of queries already attached to lightswitch that I was not using, so I updated the sql code into one of those queries, saved it, refresh the dtasource and try to use that query in lightswitch. But making changes into the query in SQL makes the query not accesible any longer in lightswitch.

Rio

Friday, December 21, 2012 4:07 PM

Answers

• Hi,

I understood that you added Views to your SQL Server Database. And when you refreshed the entity model, the views were not added.

When you update the model you get a small window where you have to check which items should be added. Do you see the views in there? Did you marked them so they got added?

With kind regards,

Konrad

• Proposed as answer by Yann DuranModerator Friday, December 21, 2012 10:39 PM
    • Marked as answer by Angie Xu Monday, December 31, 2012 6:59 AM
    Friday, December 21, 2012 5:54 PM