Blend2 ListView Columns XML Databinding to Excel XML RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all Expression Blend fans!

I am new to this forum, so please excuse me, if I should place a question that may be out in this forum somewhere else (I did not find an answer, though).

I would like to know how to create a listview with several columns (for example first name, last name, age) and populate these columns with static data from an XML file that has been created with MS Excel 2007. With an XML add-in Excel can export XML files without the need to create XML mappings manually, this article can be found here:

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/excel/HA102635091033.aspx

So this part works, I can create an XML and populate a combobox with the content of a single column and now want to know how to bind the data for several columns into a ListView. I need to know how to add columns to the list view via the Blend UI. I know how to do it with XAML editor in Blend, but it would be good to know, if it is possible without coding. Then I want assign the respective XML columns to the listview columns. Maybe there is a good tutorial for that on the web that I just did not find. Also the manual of Blend 2 does not cover this topic specifically enough.

Thank you very much in advance for helping me!

Here is the XML file content:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes" ?>
    - <XML_Three_Columns xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance">
    - <Row>
      <Column1>Alfons</Column1>
      <Column2>Ansbach</Column2>
      <Column3>55</Column3>
      </Row>
    - <Row>
      <Column1>Bertram</Column1>
      <Column2>Bullig</Column2>
      <Column3>65</Column3>